Check out Rhea Central High School, where John Scopes taught and coached! It was a magnificent building!
In 1893, the City of Dayton erected a grammar school building for the North Dayton School, and in 1906, County Superintendent Fred B. Frazier and the Board of Education established a high school. The City of Dayton turned over the building to be used as a high school. Enrollment of the first term was quite small, but in at the close of its first year, nearly 50 students graduated.
In 1912, an addition was made to the old building at a cost of $4,000. The addition would include several new classrooms and an auditorium. The school sat on 4th Avenue in Dayton.